Ancient and mysterious, Tarot cards have fascinated humanity for centuries. The Tarot can be used as a divination tool, a meditation focal point, a sounding board for ideas, and a source of great inspiration. Whether you are a beginning reader or a seasoned Tarot professional, this intense weekend devoted to Tarot study and work will bring deeper meanings to you and your interaction with this wise and venerable tradition.
Saturday, January 25, 2020 (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.) will include the following:
- Tarot overview and a brief history, including the Major and Minor Arcanas, the suits and their meanings, numerology and symbolism in Tarot, and how to care for your deck. A special Tarot connection experience will be conducted.
- Handling and shuffling the Tarot
- Spreads versus throws: what’s the difference and when to use what
- Exploring interactions between the cards
- Telling a story with Tarot
- Timing in Tarot
- Finding key ideas in spreads and throws
- Divination with Tarot
- Meditation exercises with key Tarot cards to enhance the student’s spiritual connection to the Divine and the oracle
Sunday, January 26, 2020 (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.) will include the following:
- Tapping your intuition using Tarot
- Court cards in Tarot: who are these people?
- Reversed cards
- Card combinations
- Sample spreads to use for specific types of questions
- How to design your own Tarot spreads
- Using different decks to deepen and enhance readings
This weekend experience includes many interactive experiences with the Tarot, and students are expected to conduct readings using the cards for themselves and for others. Handouts are provided, but please bring a notebook and pen for additional note-taking. All students will leave with a working knowledge of the Tarot that can be applied to readings for self or others.
Required: A standard 78-card Tarot deck. The Rider-Waite-Smith deck is preferred, but any is acceptable. Bring as many decks as you like, but you must have at least one to work with in class.
Rev. Rose Vanden Eynden is a certified medium, Spiritualist minister, acclaimed author, and inspiring teacher. Since beginning her professional intuitive career as a Tarot consultant in 1991, she has conducted hundreds of readings each year for people across the country and in the international community. Rose has studied Tarot for over 30 years and incorporates its deep messages into her readings for clients as well as in her own personal spiritual development. She teaches about mediumship, psychic work, Tarot, and other metaphysical subjects across the United States.
Registration is Required! COST: $195 for both Saturday and Sunday. Please use the button on the January 25, 2020 calendar listing to secure your place in the workshop. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you after your registration is made.